Content: Branded Documentary
Client: Johnnie Walker
Publisher / Agency: Vice / Virtue
Role: Story, Senior Creative
At the Mexico-U.S. border, between Tijuana and San Diego, the border wall slashes the beach and dives into the ocean, unnaturally separating thousands of friends and families.
But one woman sees things differently. Mexican-American artist Ana Teresa Fernández gathers a peaceful commando that paints the fence away. Together they erase the border.
This documentary is part of the Johnnie Walker “Storyline” initiative, a documentary platform that celebrates creative minds who “keep walking” despite adversity.
- Director: Laura Herrero Garvín
- Creative Director: Rory McHarg
- Executive Producer: Roger Ross Williams
- DP: Pamela Albarrán
- Producers: Amanda Naseem, Abby Bralove
- Photographer (poster/HP thumbnail): Damien Maloney
- Art Director: Rodney Hazard